How to prepare in 2 months for UPSC Cvil Services Prelims 2017
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the civil services preliminary examination on June 18.
Following are the tips provided by AK Mishra’s Chanakya IAS Academy to score good marks in the preliminary examination:
- Since it’s a revision plan, not a preparation strategy, you can’t just focus on one subject; rather, involve multiple subjects in a day
- Practice is the parent model for all the revision tools. Enroll yourself in the test series programme which almost every academy offers during this time
- It’s not enough to read your coaching material. It is highly advised to follow current news and important sources. Read newspapers every day, read important articles and make notes of them. You can also get a current affairs booklet which is available in many IAS academies
- Keep a day aside in a week for complete revision. Quiz yourself on what you’ve read and how much you’re able to recollect, followed by correcting your mistakes and focusing on the important topics. Try and solve past five years’ question papers to understand your level of preparation and the areas that need to be strengthened
- Most importantly, enjoy these 120 days to the fullest. Complete your weekly targets, and do not worry and get disheartened about the results. Rather, stay positive and believe in yourself
- Consider chanting ‘I can do It’ five times every time you feel demotivated. Do not try to lock yourself in a room and keep yourself engrossed in only books only, rather go out, have fun, talk to your friends, discuss the current events and important things with them, understand human psychology and the happenings around you, discuss how a positive change can be brought in the society; this is also a crucial part of preparation which should not be neglected.
|16th February 2017 - 22nd February 2017||General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change, that do not require subject specialisation
|23rd February 2017 - 1st March 2017||History of India and Indian National Movement.
|2nd March 2017 - 8th March 2017||Indian and World Geography, Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
|9th March 2017 - 15th March 2017||Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
|16th March 2017 - 22nd March 2017|
|Economic and Social Development, Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
|23rd March 2017 - 1st April 2017||General Science
|2nd April 2017 - 8th April 2017|
|Current events of national and international importance
|9th April 2017 - 15th April 2017||Paper II (CSAT), Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, General Mental Ability, Interpersonal Skills, Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation
Date: Feb 14, 2017