Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Banglore has invited applications for filling up posts of Project Assistant, Junior Project Assistant and Library Trainee. Last date to apply for the posts is April 15, 2014.
Note: Candidates will be recruited on temporary/ contract basis.
Details of posts
Project Assistant (Design): 1 post
Junior Project Assistant (Electrical): 1 post
Library Trainee: 2 posts
- For post 1: Minimum First Class Diploma (3 years) in Mechanical Engineering (DME), from a State Technical Board of Education/recognized institution. Professional training and expertise in 2D Drafting in Autocad, Inventor for modeling of 3D solids, sheet metal, piping, cable harness etc.
- For post 2: NCTVT certificate (ITI) course in Electrical Trade (2 years course) from a Govt. recognized Industrial Training Institute.
- For post 3: Post-graduate in Library & Information Science (M. Lib. Sc.) with basic degree in Science (preferable). Students who have appeared for final exam and awaiting results may also apply. Basic Knowledge of computer and working knowledge of any library software and open source software.
For post 1 and 2: Below 30 years
For post 3: Below 25 years
Age relaxation is relaxable for SC/ ST/OBC candidates and also physically handicapped candidates as notified by the Govt. of India.
Pay Scale/ Salary
Consolidated Salary of Rs 16,000 for post 1, Rs 13,000 for post 2 plus Housre Rent Allowance.
Salary is of Rs 20,000 per month (inclusive of all) in the 1st year and Rs 21,000 per month (inclusive of all) in the 2nd year for post 3.
How to apply
- Eligible candidates may apply with attested photocopies of relevant testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ST/OBC).
- Candidates should send their form to the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore – 560 034.
Short-listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.
Last date for submission of application: April 15, 2014
Date: April 10, 2014