Khan Academy is seeking brilliant explainers whose videos help students succeed in school and find joy in learning.
The top ten finalists will receive cash prizes—INR 1,00,000 for the grand prize winner and INR 20,000 each for nine finalists. All finalists will be considered for longer-term video creation contracts with Khan Academy.
Khan Academy is searching for amazing explainers to build the world’s most comprehensive, engaging library of videos. A critical aspect of this is to make Khan academy’s library deeply relevant to learners in India. Through this contest, the academy is looking for great content creators to contribute to this effort.
Enter and you can win INR 1,00,000 and be considered for a longer-term video creation contract with Khan Academy. If you are one of the top 10 finalists, you will also have your video published on Khan Academy and get a chance to interact with Sal Khan.
The academy is inspired by students who tell them that their videos gave them the confidence and knowledge to complete their homework, ace their test, or make sense of a tricky concept they had thought was out of reach.
If you have a passion for teaching and a knack for making challenging concepts seem simple, send your video in one of these subjects today in
English or Hindi (Hindi explanations with English terminology):
- Mathematics (Std VI to XII)
- Physics (Std IX to XII)
- Chemistry (Std IX to XII)
- Biology (Std IX to XII)
- Who? Khan Academy is seeking video submissions from Indian residents 18 years or older. If you have a passion for teaching and a knack for making challenging concepts seem simple, they want to hear from you!
- What? Submit an educational video in one of the 4 subjects listed above by Dec 12th. Within each subject, they have recommended a few topics that you may want to cover – see their recommended list of topics.
- How? To help you create your best submission, they’ve shared judging criteria and guidelines in the FAQ. The core idea: They’re looking for videos that cover concepts deeply and rigorously, feel conversational, and are laser-focused on helping a student who needs to learn a concept for tomorrow’s test, to complete their homework, or to ensure they understand what they learned in class. Finally, check out their video submission requirements in the FAQ.
Date: Oct 28, 2016
Source: Khan Academy