How can we realise good and healthy living conditions for everyone around the world when global climate change challenges today’s economies and life styles? How can we preserve our planet’s resources for future generations? How can research contribute to more sustainability? These questions are at the centre of the “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development”. It invites applications from the creative and open-minded scientist to apply with their project to showcase the research to a broader public, to discuss with renowned experts, and to conduct the research in Germany.
With this year’s special focus on the question of how digitalisation can promote more sustainability in science and our societies, the motto of the 2019 competition is “Smart Green Planet – Solutions for a Sustainable Future”. However, applications from all disciplines are highly welcome and the research does not need to have a direct link to digitalisation.
As a successful Green Talent 2019, the winner will receive
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Green Talents Science Forum 2019, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with exclusive insights into their pioneering research and projects,
- individual appointments with German experts of your choosing to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- networking opportunities at the 10-year-anniversary Green Talents alumni conference in Berlin with key representatives of the German sustainability landscape,
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of your own choice in Germany in 2020,
- exclusive access for you to the prestigious Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission: 22 May 2019, 2 p.m. CEST.
For more information please refer to our website www.greentalents.de where both the competition flyer as well as the award trailer are accessible.
The “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” programme has been hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research for the past 10 years. It is held under the patronage of the German Minister of Education and Research, Ms Anja Karliczek. Honouring 25 young international researchers each year, the programme has successfully fostered the global exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability. Since 2009, 232 outstanding scientists from 65 countries have been awarded for their achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
Eligible to apply are master students, PhD students, postdocs, as well as young professionals, with no more than three years of professional work experience (excluding professional work experiences gained within the scope of an educational degree) and a strong focus on sustainable development. Applicants must prove excellent command of English and above-average grade. Further, only applications from non-German citizens or residents can be considered.