The COMEDK UGET 2015 is proposed to be held on 10th May 2015 vide the Notification dated 28-10-2014 on its website www.comedk.org and the eligibility criteria has also been published in this behalf on 02.12.2014. A detailed calendar of events for the entrance test is now published as below. Accordingly the start date for Registration of candidates for making On-line Application is 02.03.2015.
The new measures are briefly indicated as below and the prospective candidates are advised to go through the same and familiarize themselves so as to get ready for making On-line Application after due Notification is published shortly. The candidates are required to refer to the website www.comedk.org for all updates in this behalf.
- Registration of candidates has been introduced online; once successful registration is done, an email notification is sent to all the candidates containing login information such as their user name and password and the fact of alert notification is also sent via SMS. The mobile number and email id are mandatory for the candidates. The email id has to be distinctive to confirm the uniqueness of the candidate.
Note: The email ID and mobile phone number are for effective communication; the unique ID proof is for authentication; and other details will be used in test admission tickets, rank cards and allotment letters.
- The candidate has to provide details of unique ID proof at the time of registration and he/she shall produce the same proof throughout the process viz. at the time of submission of application, writing the test, counselling and College admission.
- Acceptable Photo ID proofs are the following: i) Voter ID or ii) Passport or iii) PAN Card or (iv) Driving License or v) Aadhar Card/Acknowledgement of Aadhar.
- The candidates have to compulsorily provide the Registration or Roll or Index number of SSLC/10th standard along with PUC/Plus two /12th Standard while filling the online application form whereas those candidates who are appearing for PUC/Plus Two/12th standard in 2015 shall provide the Registration or Roll or Index number of S.S.L.C/10th Standard.NOTE: The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any Open University /board are not eligible to write the entrance Test seeking admission to any of the professional courses through COMEDK.
- The signature of the Principal/ Head Master of the Institution where the candidates have studied and passed PUC/ Plus Two/12th Standard is a must on the Application Form in the Physical Format.
- Receipt of application in the physical format is only through Speed Post as it provides tracking opportunities; no other mode of delivery is accepted.
- Change request in any form will not be accepted after submitting the application form.
- An SMS alert and an email notification will be sent to those candidates whose applications would be rejected. The same will also be available in their ‘Applicant Login’.
- There will be Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT) with digital signature of the COMEDK Authority on the photograph of the applicant.
- At the examination centre, in the Invigilator’s Diary the uploaded photo of the candidate and his / her signature along with the unique ID proof details are added for the purpose of verification; thus, there will be verification by authorized persons before giving the question paper at the test centre.The Candidates should note that the procedure for making applications involves four important steps viz.,
(ii) Confirmation of username and password,
(iii) Filling up of Online Application Form coupled with generation of application number and finally
(iv) Sending of completed application in physical format through Speed Post.
The candidates are advised to be thoroughly familiar as even a small mistake or lapse or omission may render his/her application invalid leading to rejection.
The candidates have to register themselves by submitting a request for an application form „Request For Application (RFA)‟. This RFA deals with providing of essential particulars before making the Online Application proper. The candidate may access the „Request For Application‟ link along with general instructions and explanation for filling the required fields through a link in the website https://www.comedk.org/UGRFA. This link will be active as from 2nd March 2015.
In the “Request For Application‟, the details such as Name of the applicant as appearing in SSLC/10th Marks card, Date of Birth, Unique ID Proof and its details, candidates unique email ID and his/her mobile number will have to be entered. The unique ID proof comprises of any one of the following only: 1) Voter ID, 2) Passport, 3) PAN Card, 4) Driving License and 5) Aadhaar Card / acknowledgement of Aadhaar.STEP TWO
After submitting and confirming RFA, a candidate is said to have been registered. Once he/she is registered, he/she will receive a username and password to his / her email ID and this fact of alert notification will also be sent via SMS. The candidates are cautioned that these details are not to be disclosed to others as these are unique in nature. With these details i.e. username and password, the candidate can access his/her Applicant Login which will enable them to fill up the Online Application Form (OAF) and to follow subsequent process.
The Online Application Form is an important step based on which a candidates‟ eligibility for writing the examination would be assessed. The OAF comprises of five parts.
Part One contains the particulars of those details submitted by the candidates in RFA. These particulars are static content and cannot be edited/altered.
In Part Two the candidates general particulars such as Father‟s / Mother‟s / Guardian‟s name and ID proof, annual income, candidates nationality, gender, Karnataka or Non-Karnataka etc. and the postal address will have to be provided. Besides, the category to which the candidate belongs, the minority status, belonging to any particular specialized region like Hyderabad Karnataka Region should also be provided.
In Part Three, the candidates have to mention the Demand Draft number and its details towards the fee for registration and application. This fee will be Rs.1,200/- for writing either Engineering (PCM) or Medical (PCB) test and Rs. 1,500/- for writing the test for both (PCM&B) courses. The Demand Draft should be drawn on a Nationalized Bank in favor of COMEDK payable at Bangalore. A list of Nationalized Banks is as at Appendix B.
Part Four will provide the details of qualifying examination (PUC) or 12th Standard or equivalent), the year of having acquired the said qualification, name of the Institution, place and other details.
Part Five is meant for uploading candidates‟ recent colour photograph and signature in the prescribed size and format. The photograph must be a recent (three months) with preferably light background image after scanning. It should be identical to the photo to be pasted in the application. The dimension of the photo should be 180 x 220 pixels and the maximum file size should be 200 kb. The image should be of .jpg or .jpeg format. Similarly signature should be recorded on a white paper with a black ballpoint pen. The dimension should be 230 x 90 pixels and the maximum file size should be 200 kb. The image should be of .jpg or .jpeg format. The candidates should ensure that the signature and the photo shall remain the same throughout the process. The signature affixed on the physical application form should be identical to the one they have uploaded.
After re-verifying the above particulars, the candidates have to submit the Online Application. Once the submission is made, a unique six digit bar-coded application number would be generated. The candidates are advised to note down this application number as all future correspondences will have to be made quoting this number; this number should also be mentioned on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
After the Online Application Form (OAF) is submitted to COMEDK online, its printout should be taken on A4 size paper. Now, the candidate has to furnish a declaration to the effect that the details submitted are true to the best of knowledge and belief and any misrepresentation or concealment of fraudulent nature will not only lead to cancellation of candidature but also criminal prosecution; the said declaration will also have to be affirmed to by the candidate‟s parent / guardian. Besides the candidates has to affix left forefinger impression thrice in the appropriate space provided for, apart from pasting a recent passport size colour photograph and affixing the signature.
- Finally the candidate has to take the signature of the Principal or Head Master of the College / Institution where he/she last studied (PUC or plus two or 12th Standard) along with seal of the institution or college and date, in the separate column provided for, so as to get confirmation of his/her candidature.
- After cross checking with the criteria for rejection of application form provided separately, candidates have to send the Application Form in Physical Format (PAF) along with the Demand Draft through Speed Post only addressed to The Executive Secretary, COMEDK to No. 132, 2nd Floor, on or before 15th April 2015 before 5.00 PM. The candidates should also take a photocopy of the completed application form in physical format for their future reference.Note: The above procedure at different stages have been explained in advance only to familiarize before the candidates sit for seeking registration, filling up online application and sending of the same in physical format. The actual request for application (RFA), Online Application Form (OAF), Application in physical format (PAF) and explanations for filling up the various columns thereon will be available (www.comedk.org) from 2nd March 2015.COMEDK UGET CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Date Day Events 02/03/2015 Monday Start date for obtaining “Request for Application Form”
(RFA) and filling of “Online Application Form” (OAF)
08/04/2015 Wednesday Last date for obtaining “Request for Application Form” (RFA): The (RFA) Link from COMEDK Website will be removed at5:00 PM 10/04/2015 Friday Last date for filling of “Online Application Form” only forthose candidates who have already obtained “Request forApplication” (RFA) : The (OAF) Link from COMEDK Websitewill be removed at 5:00 PM 15/04/2015 Wednesday Last date for receipt of “Physical Application Form” (PAF) 24/04/2015 Friday Uploading of “Online Test Admission Ticket” (TAT) 10/05/2015 Sunday COMEDK UGET – 2015 Test Day 10/05/2015 Sunday Publishing of “Provisional Answer Keys” after the completionof the test 13/05/2015 Wednesday Last date for receiving objections pertaining to “Provisional
25/05/2015 Monday Publishing of “Final Answer Keys” 30/05/2015 Saturday Publishing of “Test Score” 04/06/2015 Thursday Uploading of “Online Rank Card” B. Arch – Centralized Counseling only 10/06/2015 Wednesday Start Date for Issue of “Online Application form for B. Arch” 22/06/2015 Monday Last Date for Receipt of “Completed Application Forms forB. Arch” 27/06/2015 Saturday Publishing of “Rank List B. Arch”
Source: Comed K
Date: Feb 22, 2015