The Indian Navy has invited applications from unmarried, male/female Engineers for admission to Short Service Commission in Technical Branch (General Service/Naval Architecture), commencing on July, 2018 at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala, leading to Short Service Commission (SSC) as Officers in Executive Branch (General Service/Hydro Cadre)/Technical Branch (General service/Naval Architecture) and as Permanent Commission (PC) Officers in Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre Scheme.
SSC in Executive (General Service/Hydro) will be granted for initial period of 12 years extendable by two years to 14 years, subject to Service requirement, performance and willingness of candidates. SSC in Executive (Hydro) is granted for a term of 14 years. Officers joining under these schemes would not be eligible for grant of permanent commission subsequently.
Short Service Commission in Technical Branch (General Service/Naval Architecture) will be granted initially for a term of 12 years, extendable by two years to 14 years subject to service requirement, performance and willingness of candidates.
Eligibility: Applicant should have been born between 2nd July, 1993 & 1st January, 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Applicant should have an Engineering Degree in any of the mentioned disciplines from a recognized educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in Regular/Integrated course respectively. Those in the final year of engineering course can also apply.
The Service, Branch/ Cadre, Eligible streams of Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology, Gender and whether PC/SSC are as follows
- General Service/ Hydrography Cadre; BE/B.Tech (Any Discipline); Male; SSC
- NAIC; (i) Electrical (ii) Electrical & Electronics (iii) Electronics (iv) Applied Electronics & Instrumentation (v) Electronics & Communication (vi) Electronics & Tele Communication (vii) Electronics & Instrumentation (viii) Instrumentation (ix) Instrumentation & Control (x) Micro-electronics (xi) Mechanical (xii) Control (xiii) Industrial Production (xiv) Industrial (xv) Production (xvi) Aero Space (xvii) Metallurgy (xviii) Metallurgical (xix) Chemical (xx) Material Science (xxi) Computer Science (xxii) Information Technology (xxiii) Computer (xxiv) Computer Application; Male; PC
- Engineering Branch (General Service); (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Instrumentation (iv) Production (v) Aeronautical (vi) ) Industrial Engineering & Management (vii) Control Engg (viii) Aero Space (ix) Automobiles (x) Metallurgy (xi) Mechatronics (xii) Instrumentation & Control; Male;
- Electrical Branch (General Service); (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communication (iv) Electronics& Communication (v) Power Engineering (vi) Control System Engineering (vii) Power Electronics (viii) Avionics (ix) Electronics & Instrumentation (x) Instrumentation & Control; Male; SSC
- Naval Architecture; (i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture (vii) Ocean Engineering (viii) Marine Engineering(ix) Ship Technology (x) Ship Building (xi) Ship Design; Male or Female; SSC
No equivalent stream of BE/B.Tech other than mentioned above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
Medical Standards needed are given in the Notification at https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/
Application: Applications can be registered and submitted online (e-application) at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in, latest by 25th August, 2017.
Training: The selected candidates will be required to pass final examination (BE/B Tech) with minimum 60% before joining INA.
Details on duties of officers for respective Branches/Cadre are available at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
More details are available at www.joinindian navy.gov.in