Newcastle University is committed to supporting innovative business women to become influential
leaders. Through the Women in Leadership Scholarship, successful MBA candidates will receive
mentoring support from the Business School Director, Professor Sharon Mavin, an international scholar
in gender, leadership and organisation studies.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong track record for academic excellence and a wealth of
Value of award: Partial award of £11,000, payable towards the cost of tuition fees
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- completed the scholarship application form including an essay of no more than 1,000 words in
response to the question listed. Submissions need to be in English
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to the full-time MBA for 2018 entry
- have substantive managerial experience, normally of at least 3 years
- ideally hold the equivalent of a UK 2:1 honours degree (applicants who fall outside of these
parameters and have more relevant work experience and can demonstrate significant career
progression may be considered)
- perform well at interview across all competency areas
- demonstrate high potential and an ambition for leadership
- hold an English language qualification of IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent with no subskill below 6.0 (if
your first language is not English).
Number of awards: One
Application closing date: 20 April 2018
Application form: Applications and essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges and successful candidates will be announced by 1 May 2018.
The complete application form is online.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
Tel: +44 (0) 191 208 1589
Date: Apr 9, 2018