Punjab, October 4th, 2022: Plaksha University, one of India’s largest collective philanthropic efforts to build technology university of global eminence, has signed an MoU with Cambridge University Press & Assessment to explore academic collaborations.
The proposed collaboration will focus on:
- Supporting Ph.D. students, Research scholars, and Faculty Members to publish articles and manuscripts through academic workshops
- Exploring publishing in Cambridge University Press Journals through various models
- Evaluating possibilities of a Cambridge University Press -Plaksha Science and Technology book series
- Providing Integrated learning assessment and solutions to improve the English language skills of the learner benchmarked against the globally recognized Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Examining possibilities of supplying globally recognized Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) programs to strengthen teachers’ teaching and pedagogical skills
This MoU was signed between Prof. Rudra Pratap, the Founding Vice Chancellor of Plaksha University (former Deputy Director of the Indian Institute of Science), and Arun Rajamani, Managing Director, Cambridge University Press & Assessment, South Asia.
Speaking about the collaboration, Dr. Brainerd Prince, the Director of Center for Thinking, Language and Communication at Plaksha University said, “Over the years, universities have designed their courses so that students are upskilled to cope with the fast-paced and tech-enabled business environment. In the last couple of years of the pandemic, most Indian students have been unable to travel abroad. As a result, in these challenging times, partnerships are helping students access the best international education. The Teaching Knowledge Test (OJT) programs will also create a more learner-centric environment in the classroom.”
Ajay Pratap Singh, Business Head, Academic, Cambridge University Press, commented on the association, “This association is in line with our mission of strengthening research and enabling an environment where the academic fraternity can exchange knowledge, contribute to emerging academic discourses and being able to publish cutting-edge work. We would like to contribute to early training of researchers and work closely with Plaksha University alongside in giving shape to path-breaking academic and higher education content that will travel globally and foster an enabling environment for scientific learning.”