In recognition of its excellent support from industry, the School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, Newcastle University, UK can offer industrial funding for a number of competitive awards.
A full award will be a bursary for full UK fees. Successful students will typically be funded by a full or partial bursary. School Masters Bursaries (SMBs) will be between a minimum of 50% and a maximum of 100% of a full bursary, payable towards fees.
- To be considered for a SMB you must have applied for and been accepted on to one of the MSc programmes
- One must also have achieved, or be predicted to achieve, a first class or high upper second class equivalent (>65%, grade B average) in the first degree
How to apply
One should prepare a statement no longer than one side of A4, stating:
- that you wish to apply for a SMB
- why the money will allow you to study for your chosen course at Newcastle University
- what your expectations and ambitions are after completing your MSc.
Email your statement to the relevant MSc Admissions Tutor:
- Environmental Engineering – Dr David Werner
- Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering – Dr Jean Hall
- Transport Planning and Engineering, Transport Planning and Business Management, Transport Planning and the Environment, Transport Planning and ITS – Mr Roger Bird
- Flood Risk Management, Hydrogeology and Water Management, Hydroinformatics, Hydrology and Climate Change –Dr James Bathurst
- Environmental Consultancy, Environmental and Petroleum Geochemistry – Dr Neil Gray
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 25 July 2016. The MSc Admissions Tutor will make the final decision, and applicants will be advised of the outcome on or shortly after this date. You should note, however, that the MSc Admission Tutor may allocate bursaries at any time and it may be that all SMBs are allocated before the deadline. We would encourage an early application. The awards will be paid against the students’ fees prior to registration.
Date: July 18, 2016